Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad
- 4 -6 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- lemon-herb marinade (Can be your favourite brand, or Recipezaar recipe ID #19813)
- 8 cups pre-packaged mixed salad greens, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon vinaigrette (I recommend Bergy’s vinaigrette, recipe ID # 16611)
- Marinate chicken breasts for a few hours, or overnight.
- Grill the chicken breasts, and then cool and cut into even thin slices.
- Place greens, avocado, mushrooms and pine nuts in a large salad bowl and toss with a quarter cup of the lemon vinaigrette.
- Divide salad among eight large plates and arrange the chicken slices on top.