This chicken recipe is so fresh tasting and it's very easy to make. Make sure to use fresh herbs and fresh lemon juice. The original recipe came from Woman's Day.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh dill
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium sized boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml pitted kalamata olive
- In a medium bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, dill, basil, honey, mustard, olive oil, 3/4 teaspoons of the salt and the pepper until well blended.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing and half of the thinly sliced lemon.
- Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning at least once.
- Stir in the remaining lemon slices and olives into the reserved dressing and store in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill at medium-high until chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove from grill to platter and pour reserved dressing over the chicken and season with remaining salt.
I cannot get enough of this chicken. I made it for my mom's birthday dinner and we had alot of other food, therefore lots of leftovers. But, I cannot stop eating the chicken!! It's delicious and very juicy. I omitted the olives, used dried herbs and made extra of the marinade. Thank you so much!
This was such a great and easy recipe!! The chicken came out so tender and tasty, and the kalamata olives were a great touch. It's just the 2 of us, but we made the 6 servings so we could have plenty of leftovers!! (PS: This went great with steamed broccoli!)