Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This chicken recipe is so fresh tasting and it's very easy to make. Make sure to use fresh herbs and fresh lemon juice. The original recipe came from Woman's Day.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium sized boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive
- In a medium bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, dill, basil, honey, mustard, olive oil, 3/4 teaspoons of the salt and the pepper until well blended.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing and half of the thinly sliced lemon.
- Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning at least once.
- Stir in the remaining lemon slices and olives into the reserved dressing and store in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill at medium-high until chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove from grill to platter and pour reserved dressing over the chicken and season with remaining salt.
I cannot get enough of this chicken. I made it for my mom's birthday dinner and we had alot of other food, therefore lots of leftovers. But, I cannot stop eating the chicken!! It's delicious and very juicy. I omitted the olives, used dried herbs and made extra of the marinade. Thank you so much!
This was such a great and easy recipe!! The chicken came out so tender and tasty, and the kalamata olives were a great touch. It's just the 2 of us, but we made the 6 servings so we could have plenty of leftovers!! (PS: This went great with steamed broccoli!)