This chicken recipe is so fresh tasting and it's very easy to make. Make sure to use fresh herbs and fresh lemon juice. The original recipe came from Woman's Day.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium sized boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive
- In a medium bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, dill, basil, honey, mustard, olive oil, 3/4 teaspoons of the salt and the pepper until well blended.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing and half of the thinly sliced lemon.
- Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning at least once.
- Stir in the remaining lemon slices and olives into the reserved dressing and store in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill at medium-high until chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove from grill to platter and pour reserved dressing over the chicken and season with remaining salt.