Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Comes out tender and juicy every time, and very simple-I'll make 3 at a time when we have guests and never have any leftovers! My husband calls this "lemon butt chicken"!
- 1 whole chicken, 3-4 lbs
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill on medium.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry-place in 8x8 foil pan.
- Juice lemon-place juiced lemon halves in chicken cavity.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper-brush about half over chicken.
- Place pan on grill over indirect heat and cover-cook 1-2 hours depending on your grill and the size of your chicken-baste with remaining mixture halfway through cooking time.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Delicious without being too lemony! My guests loved it!