Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is one of my kids favorite grilled foods
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- heat butter and garlic in small saucepan over low heat stirring constantly until butter is melted.
- blend in flour.
- cook over low heat until mixture is bubbly.
- remove from heat.
- stir in remaining ingredients.
- heat to a boil stirring constantly place chicken pieces on medium grill skin side down.
- cook for about 20 min then turn and cook for 20 minutes.
- baste with sauce turning often as not to burn about 10 more minutes, basting often.
This was really easy and we enjoyed it. I made as directed but substituted chicken breast for the whole chicken. Not a bad recipe. Thanks for posting.