Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 mins
From Cooking Light, August 2006.
Make and share this Grilled Lemon-Basil Tofu Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 lb firm tofu or 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 1 cup trimmed watercress
- Combine first 8 ingredients and 3 garlic cloves in a small bowl.
- Cut tofu crosswise into 6 slices. Pat each square dry with paper towels.
- Place tofu slices on a jelly-roll pan. Brush both sides of tofu slices with lemon juice mixture; reserve remaining juice mixture.
- Let tofu stand 1 hour.
- Prepare grill.
- Place tofu slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush tofu with the reserved juice mixture.
- Combine remaining 1 minced garlic clove, chopped olives, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a small bowl; stir well.
- Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture over bottom half of each hamburger bun; top each serving with 1 tofu slice, 1 tomato slice, about 2 tablespoons watercress, and top half of bun.