1 hr 6 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light, August 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 lb firm tofu or 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 1 cup trimmed watercress
- 1Combine first 8 ingredients and 3 garlic cloves in a small bowl.
- 2Cut tofu crosswise into 6 slices. Pat each square dry with paper towels.
- 3Place tofu slices on a jelly-roll pan. Brush both sides of tofu slices with lemon juice mixture; reserve remaining juice mixture.
- 4Let tofu stand 1 hour.
- 5Prepare grill.
- 6Place tofu slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- 7Brush tofu with the reserved juice mixture.
- 8Combine remaining 1 minced garlic clove, chopped olives, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a small bowl; stir well.
- 9Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture over bottom half of each hamburger bun; top each serving with 1 tofu slice, 1 tomato slice, about 2 tablespoons watercress, and top half of bun.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lemon-Basil Tofu Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 597.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 11.3 g