Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
We love this dish, I serve it with baby carrots, steamed, mashed Gorgonzola cheese mashed potatoes and a small garden salad.
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 4 teaspoons capers, drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, lemon peel and sun-dried tomatoes in blender or food processor.
- Stir in 2 tbsp fresh basil and the capers.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of vinaigrette over fish and marinate 15 to 30 minutes.
- When ready to grill fish, remove from marinade.
- Discard that marinade.
- Prepare the grill and spray with oil to keep fish from sticking.
- Grill fish until just cooked through 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Divide fish among 4 plates.
- Stir remaining vinaigrette and drizzle over fish.
This marinade rocks! Very gourmet. I couldn't imagine making this without the capers. They add such great flavor.
Easy to prepare and very flavorful. I will definetly make again. I used one large lemon to get about 4 tbsp. of juice, which was plenty. Used with a combo of halibut and cod and both turned out wonderful on the grill. Perfect for a cold winter night in Montana!
A delicious, healthy dish. If I make any change next time, I would use 4 tablespoons of lemon juice rather than 5. That's just a personal choice. The recipe is delicious as is and I highly recommend it.