Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sounds so terrific. Saw in a local fundraiser cookbook which was submitted by Green Village Packing Co. Overnight marination required so plan ahead. It is a thick style marinade that you can press it into the meat to coat. Marination time not included in cook time. I used an indoor grill pan (it was snowing out).
- In a large shallow dish, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, onion, garlic and oregano.
- Add lamb and turn to coat all over. Press the mixture into the lamb.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning several times.
- Remove from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill lamb over hot coals turning several times and basting with marinade, about 30-40 minutes.
- Blend the sauce ingredients together and serve with the lamb.