Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adopted from the Recipezaar account. Great summer grill recipe for a crowd
Make and share this Grilled Leg of Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs regular plain yogurt (2 pints) or 2 lbs low-fat yogurt (2 pints)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- more olive oil, for brushing grill
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 3⁄4 cup whole fresh rosemary leaf (2 large bunches)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (5 lb) butterflied leg of lamb (9 pounds bone-in)
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl.
- Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature.
- Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals.
- Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper.
- Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare.
- This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Then slice and serve.