Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low calorie, high flavor salad!
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 cup canned great northern bean
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, Italian, minced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Trim leeks to yield 4 inches of white bulb; discard green tops. Cut leeks lengthwise in half and rinse them under running water to clean; pat dry. Place leeks, cut-side down on grill, and cook until tender, about 5 to 10 minutes on first side, and 3 to 5 minutes on second side. Remove leeks from heat; trim off stem ends.
- Slice leeks into 1/2-inch thick pieces and place in a serving bowl; stir in beans. Stir together oil, broth, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a separate bowl; pour over salad. Toss gently but well; garnish with parsley. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- To grill indoors, coat a grill pan with olive oil-flavored cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat and grill leeks until tender, about 10 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes on the second side.
A nice, light way to enjoy leeks. I made it as written, and it turned out great. Thanks for posting!