Recipe by ChefDebs
I adapted this recipe from La Cuccina Italiana.It is a wonderful lamb dish for the summer with a delightful meld of flavors.
- 2 tablespoons julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup pesto sauce (preferably homemade)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless lamb loin, cut into 12 slices & pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches arugula
- 6 basil leaves, sliced
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the dressing:.
- In a bowl add the red vinegar to the sun dried tomatoes, and whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. whisk in the basil,oregano,diced tomato and salt & pepper to taste.
- Make the salad:.
- Coat the slices of lamb with the pesto, cook on only one side over a hot grill.
- Fry the sliced garlic until crisp and golden in the olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine the white beans, red onion, arugula, half of the dressing, salt & pepper.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates, garnish with the fried garlic and sliced basil. Place 3 slices of lamb on each plate and spoon the remaining dressing over the top.