Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 10 mins
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest, minced (yellow part only)
- 2 teaspoons pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 leg of lamb, trimmed boned & butterflied (5 lb.)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans (cook according to pkg directions & drain)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- crusty bread
- FOR LAMB: Puree first 6 ingredients in blender or processor.
- Score large muscles of lamb to form even thickness.
- Rub yogurt mixture over lamb.
- Transfer to shallow dish. Cover and chill overnight.
- FOR SKORDALIA: Place beans in processor.
- With machine running, add garlic through feed tube and chop.
- Gradually add oil and puree, scraping down sides as needed.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in parsley.
- (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Grill lamb about 10 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut lamb against grain into thin slices.
- Serve lamb with skordalia and bread.