Prep 8 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Mouthwatering! Recipe from the Deerhill Inn, West Dover, Vermont
- 1 loin lamb, boned by the butcher
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 -4 kiwi fruits
- 1 cup good quality tawny port
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- Dice the onion and chop the garlic clove.
- Combine them in a small bowl with the soy sauce, sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce and cracked pepper.
- Rub this mixture on the lamb loin and store in a covered glass container overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the lamb one hour before you are ready to cook.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil the lamb to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice kiwi into ¼ inch slices.
- Remove the lamb from grill or broiler and let set for five minutes.
- Slice the loin diagonally, ¼ inch thick.
- Place the lamb and kiwi intermittently fanned out on each of four serving plates.
- Serve with Port Wine Sauce.
- ---To Make The Port Wine Sauce---.
- Reduce port from 1 cup to ½ cup.
- Add shallots and simmer for a few minutes.
- Strain out shallots and add one cup brown sauce to the port.
- Whisk together and heat through.
- Serve with the lamb.