Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice way to grill lamb. Recipe from Barbecue Recipes.
- 2 lamb steaks, 1-inch thick
Pikes Peak Barbecue Sauce (use 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice or 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
- In small pan heat olive oil. Saute minced onion and minced green pepper 2 to 3 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Blend in chili sauce, orange juice or orange liqueur, brown sugar, orange zest and red pepper sauce. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Makes 1 3/4 cups.
- Ignite coals in barbecue. Grill steaks 4 inches from coals. Cook 5 minutes, turn and brush with barbecue sauce. Cook an additional 5 minutes, turn and brush with sauce. Cook lamb 2 to 3 minutes longer for medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness. Cut steaks into thirds and serve.