I found this recipe while web surfing. It is truly outstanding and so easy to make. Serve with roasted potatoes or rice.
- 2 shoulder lamb chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 4 coves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 2 sprigs rosemary, bruised
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade (No sugar or reduced sugar works fine.)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mint leaves, lightly packed
- Season both sides of the lamb chops with black pepper and place in a seal able plastic bag. Toss in the crushed garlic, rosemary and pomegranate juice in the bag and seal. Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- While the chops marinate, prepare the mint sauce. Place the marmalade in a small saucepan, add the vinegar, water and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and strain through a mesh strainer discarding the orange peel.
- Allow the sauce to cool completely before cutting the mint leaves chiffonade and stirring into the cooled sauce.
- About 30 to 40 minutes prior to grilling the chops, remove from refrigerator and allow to stand at room temperature. Preheat grill to medium high heat, remove chops from marinade, season with salt and place of grill. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top each chop with sauce and serve with roasted potatoes or rice for a delicious meal.