GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
The tangy peach chutney makes a wonderful contrast to the mild flavor of the Lamb chops. It's a simple to prepare dish. When fresh peaches aren't available, use frozen peaches, or try the recipe using mango.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- peach chutney
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 2 peaches, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro or 1/4 cup basil, finely sliced, for garnish
- 1Place the Lamb chops in a flat glass or ceramic dish.
- 2Combine the oil and lemon juice and pour into the dish, swirling the chops through the mix to coat both sides.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover with plastic and allow to marinate for 15-20 minutes, while you make the chutney.
- 4To make the chutney, heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the leek and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, or until soft.
- 5Add the peaches, vinegar, sugar and wine and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer until peaches are soft and mixture is syrupy, about 15-20 minutes.
- 7Keep warm or refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to use.
- 8Remove chops from marinade and pat dry.
- 9Preheat a broiler or barbecue to medium high and grill the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium rare or until cooked as desired.
- 10Serve with the chutney and garnish with cilantro or basil.
- 11This is delicious with grilled eggplant and peppers or salad of choice.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lamb Loin Chops With Warm Peach Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 930.5
- Calories from Fat 730
- Total Fat 81.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 115.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 31.8 g