Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The tangy peach chutney makes a wonderful contrast to the mild flavor of the Lamb chops. It's a simple to prepare dish. When fresh peaches aren't available, use frozen peaches, or try the recipe using mango.
- 8 lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- peach chutney
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 2 peaches, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro or 1⁄4 cup basil, finely sliced, for garnish
- Place the Lamb chops in a flat glass or ceramic dish.
- Combine the oil and lemon juice and pour into the dish, swirling the chops through the mix to coat both sides.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover with plastic and allow to marinate for 15-20 minutes, while you make the chutney.
- To make the chutney, heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the leek and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, or until soft.
- Add the peaches, vinegar, sugar and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until peaches are soft and mixture is syrupy, about 15-20 minutes.
- Keep warm or refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to use.
- Remove chops from marinade and pat dry.
- Preheat a broiler or barbecue to medium high and grill the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium rare or until cooked as desired.
- Serve with the chutney and garnish with cilantro or basil.
- This is delicious with grilled eggplant and peppers or salad of choice.