Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this lamb dish. The flavors sound unusual, but they compliment the meat nicely. I first tasted this last summer at a cook out. I begged for the recipe and got it from the hostess.
- Whisk oil, cumin, pepper, salt and cinnamon in 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Add lamb to dish and toss to coat well with oil mixture.
- Let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerat 1 1/2 to 4 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat) or prehat broiler.
- Thread lamb pieces onto skewers, dividing equally (about 5 pieces per skewer).
- Grill or broil lamb to desired doneness, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes for medium-rare.
Wonderful flavours in this Mark, and so easy to prepare! We ate this tonight with Couscous by Dancer, Lemon Tossed Salad by Diana Neal, and natural yoghurt as a sauce over the kebabs. Thanks for a great recipe.
Simple and delicious; a hint of the middle east, but nothing too overwhelming. My only comment is that trimming the fat seems to take a really long time, maybe I was being too obsessive! It's just that I was serving the lamb phobic and I was concerned that the fat would impart too strong a flavor.