Recipe by Mysterygirl
If you and your friends and family love lamb and mushrooms, you will love this dish. It is from Yasu Restaurant in San Jose, CA and was one of the top 5 recipes of the year in the Mercury News. You might want to shop an Asian market for the shiso leaves.
For lamb chops
- 4 lamb chops
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced finely
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 medium shiso leaves, julienned, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish (green)
Directions See How It's Made
- To cook lamb: Rub lamb with a light coating of extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill (outdoors or on stove top) on medium heat to medium rare, about 15 minutes.
- To make shiitake duxelles: Heat a saute pan on medium high heat. Add olive oil. Add shiitake mushrooms and saute. Add basil, thyme, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and simmer until wine is reduced by 80 percent.
- Add heavy cream and reduce until sauce thickens. Adjust seasonings. Turn off heat and add shiso.
- To serve: Top grilled lamb with shiitake duxelles. Garnish with remaining julienned shiso.