Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Bon Appetit, an easy and delicious lamb dish.
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 (1/3 lb) lamb loin chops, 1 1/4-inch-thick (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Mix first 7 ingredients in large glass baking dish.
- Arrange lamb chops in single layer in dish; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning and basting often.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead; keep chilled.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Transfer lamb to plate.
- Mix honey into marinade.
- Grill lamb to desired doneness, turning and basting with marinade often, about 10 minutes for medium-rare.
These are wonderful. We marinatied them all day and then placed on the grill as directed. The flavors where a wonderful blend, it was so easy and the aroma kept us anxious to dig in. Served with steamed rice, grilled fresh asparagus, and a really good Washington Merlot. The whole family enjoyed it thanks lazyme for a great recipe.