This is a great way to fix a rack of lamb. Most of the work can be done the day before because it needs to marinate overnight. We love the butter sauce on this. This was from the Bon Appetite RSVP section from the Poppie's Bistro Café, Aspen CO.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cognac or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs racks of lamb, excess fat trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1Whisk first 5 ingredients in large glass baking dish to blend.
- 2Add lamb; turn to coat.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Prepare barbecue (medium-low heat).
- 5Grill lamb to desired doneness, turning chops occasionally, about 25 minutes for medium-rare.
- 6Meanwhile, boil chicken stock and next 4 ingredients in small saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 12 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to low.
- 8Add green onions and butter, stirring until butter melts.
- 9Cut lamb between ribs into chops.
- 10Place chops on plates; spoon sauce over.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lamb Chops With Asian Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.4
- Calories from Fat 783
- Total Fat 87.1 g
- Saturated Fat 46.2 g
- Cholesterol 226.0 mg
- Sodium 1030.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder