Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great way to fix a rack of lamb. Most of the work can be done the day before because it needs to marinate overnight. We love the butter sauce on this. This was from the Bon Appetite RSVP section from the Poppie's Bistro Café, Aspen CO.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cognac or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs racks of lamb, excess fat trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in large glass baking dish to blend.
- Add lamb; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-low heat).
- Grill lamb to desired doneness, turning chops occasionally, about 25 minutes for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, boil chicken stock and next 4 ingredients in small saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add green onions and butter, stirring until butter melts.
- Cut lamb between ribs into chops.
- Place chops on plates; spoon sauce over.
I have prepared this several times, including for a gourmet dinner club and a 5 course dinner for 18. This is flavorful, allows for early prep work, and gets rave reviews. I was a little nervous about lamb because I thought it was hard to get it tender and not overcook. Not an issue with this recipe at all!
absolutely fantastic. I have made this many times....and by far my favorite lamb dish....