Recipe by Martini Guy
Found this in a newspaper during a recent visit to Palm Springs, California. If you like lamb chops and grilling this may be for you. Add a sunset, cold martini, Caesar salad and some asparagus and you might just have a meal to remember!
Top Review by novaca99
Best lamb chops I ever had. And no mint! I'd like to know how mint was thought to be essential to cooking lamb. This marinade would be good for any meat. I'm thinking especially pork.
- 12 lamb rib chops, even thickness (cut from a rack of lamb)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, cut julienne style
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonreactive bowl, combine mustard, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper with 2 teaspoons water.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil, forming a creamy marinade.
- Stir in basil.
- Add the chops to the marinade and coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to four hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let sit until arriving at room temperature (about one hour).
- Heat grill to very hot.
- Remove excess marinade from chops and grill uncovered about 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer to a warm platter and serve.
- Preparation time does not include marinade and sitting time.