Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 1 cup Grey Poupon mustard
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shallot (minced)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (crushed)
- Mix jelly and mustard in saucepan and simmer on stovetop for 5 minutes to melt jelly.
- Remove lamb chops from rack and French cut, being careful not to remove the fat from the eye (the fat will protect the meat from burning on the grill).
- Allow sauce to cool completely.
- Submerge lamb chops in sauce and allow to marinade overnight (place in refrigerator).
- Grill over Hickory coals 4 to 5 minutes (for medium to medium-rare), basting with sauce as it cooks.
- Turn once half-way through cooking time.
- Prepare garnish sauce by browning shallots in butter and stirring in the white wine and rosemary.
- Serve lamb with garnish sauce and grilled potatoes and vegetables.
- NOTE: The marinade sauce also goes well with other foods including mushrooms.
Used lamb chops for the rack of lamb. Very rich. I like the combination of flavors. I was also careful with the amount of rosemary, too much and it would have ruined the dish. Next time I'll try this on a "real" grill, not an indoor electric wannabe. Also made a separate vegetarian version using portobella mushrooms which was equally delish.
I'm the only one in my little family who likes lamb so I cut down the ingedients and roasted the chops in the oven instead of grilling. I will use just a little less mustard next time (personal taste) but otherwise very good!