Recipe by Epi Curious
A bona fide churrascaria, Fogo de Chao is a genuine steakhouse from Rio Grande de Sul in Southwestern Brazil. These simply marinated and grilled chops can't be beat. Super easy but very flavorful. From "Atlanta Cooks" by Melissa Libby, this hails from the Fogo de Chao restaurant in Atlanta, GA.
- 8 lamb rib chops
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 1 cup mint leaf
- vegetable oil cooking spray (as needed)
- mint jelly, and
- mint leaf (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim lamb of excess fat. Mis all other ingredients to make marinade, including mint leaves, and marinate chops for 1 hour.
- Spray grill with vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray. Remove chops from marinade and place on preheated grill. Grill chops without moving them for 4 minutes for medium rare. baste chops with marinade and turn over to grill for another 4 minutes on other side. Remove to serving plate.
- Season with additional salt and garnish with additional mint leaves and mint jelly.