1/1 Photo of Grilled Lamb Burgers W/ Marinated Red Onions, Dill & Sliced
Dr. Jenny's Note:
DH and I made these tasty lamb burgers from the Grilling 2010 magazine a couple of nights ago. The recipe is credited to Tony Rosenfeld of "Big Guy Cooking." I really liked these burgers. DH liked them, but likes my Moroccan Lamb Burgers (also posted) better. The fresh dill in my garden wasn't looking so hot, so I subbed 1 Tb dried dill. This worked, but I'm sure the fresh would be even better. I would definitely make these again. Prep time includes 15 mins marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 small garlic clove, minced, smashed to a paste
- kosher salt, to taste
- 6 ounces feta, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 8)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 whole wheat pita bread, warmed
- 1 tomato, 4 thin slices
- 1 English cucumber, 8 thin slices
- 1Prepare a medium charcoal or gas grill fire. Clean and oil the grill grates. Gently mix the lamb with the paprika, oregano, garlic, and 1 tsp salt. Shape it into four 1/2 inch thick patties.
- 2On a large plate, lay out the slices of feta and sprinkle with the olive oil and 1 Tb of the dill.
- 3In a small bowl, toss the onion with the vinegar, sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and the remaining 1 Tb dill, and let sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4Grill the burgers on one side until they have good grill marks, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until it has good grill marks, too, and the burgers are just light pink inside (make a nick with a paring knife), about 5 minutes for medium doneness.
- 5Serve the burgers in the warmed pita with the feta, tomato, cucumber, and a heaping 1 tsp of pickled onions.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lamb Burgers W/ Marinated Red Onions, Dill & Sliced
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.8
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 143.8 mg
- Sodium 933.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 37.3 g