Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe always surprises us with how easy it is to make and how flavorful it is! Play around with the spices and make it as spicy as you like.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1 T. dried oregano)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves (or 1 tea bag of peppermint tea leaves)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon rice wine (or any cooking wine)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pita breads (or rolls)
- Preheat grill to medium temperature (in the winter, we use the George Foreman grill with great results) In a large bowl, mix the lamb, cilantro, oregano, mint, and garlic.
- Add rice wine, white wine vinegar, and honey to lamb mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix the cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Throw spices into lamb mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve burgers inside pita rounds or rolls.
- Garnish as you like with sliced tomatoes, onions, and lettuce.
Love this Lamb Burger. I simply put all the ingredients in with the lamb and mixed well with my hands, fried in a pan mushrooms added . Served with Oven Fries ob a toasted bun. Wonderful Saturday Night Burger Thanks boomoo