1/1 Photo of Grilled Korean-Style Skirt Steak
Original recipe from food network, but it left out some steps that didn't make sense, so I sort of revamped it. Prep time does not include marinating time, or the time to get an outdoor grill ready.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs skirt steaks, trimmed and cut crosswise into 4 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup cola
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 white onion, cut into 2 inch wedges
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 banana peppers or 3 cubanelle peppers
- 1Pierce the steak a few times with a fork.
- 2Toast the sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat until golden, shaking the pan, for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- 3Combine the sesame seeds, garlic, cola, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in a large bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the steak, onion wedges, and bacon, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- 4Remove the steak, bacon, and onion wedges from the marinade with a slotted spoon. Heat a grill pan over high heat. If using the outdoor grill, make sure your charcoal is medium high heat. Put your onions, peppers, and bacon pieces in a grilling skillet or basket. Grill the onion wedges, peppers, and bacon pieces, turning until charred and brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5Grill the steak until charred, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Korean-Style Skirt Steak
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.2
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 152.8 mg
- Sodium 1237.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 52.9 g