Recipe by mightyro_cooking4u
From "Big Daddy's House" by Aaron McCargo, Jr.
Top Review by Buffalo Gal 75
We really enjoyed this meal. I think I shouldn't have drained all the kraut juice b/c it really lost all the sour flavor we like. But the onions were very good. I didn't want to use the grill so I used my cast-iron grill pan and it worked great. It gave a nice, crispy skin. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs polska kielbasa, smoked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, freshly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut kielbasa into 3-inch lengths and butterfly lengthwise. Place on hot groll and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side turning frequently, charring all sides. Remove from grill. transfer kielbasa to a baking sheet and place in oven to cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and sugar. Allow sugar to cook to a golden brown color. Add onions and cook until caramelized. Stir in the sauerkraut and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until onions and sauerkraut are wilted and colored.
- Remove kielbasa from oven and cut into 1-inch pieces. Add to pan of sauerkraut and onions. Toss together and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a platter, garnish with parsley and serve with your favorite mustard dipping sauce.