1/1 Photo of Grilled Kielbasa Sandwiches
This may be made on an outdoor or indoor grill or a grill pan ---kosher salami may be used in place of the kielbasa, all amounts may be adjusted to taste,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g whole smoked kielbasa
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml bottled horseradish, drained
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 12.32 ml honey
- 0.25 ml garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 head boston lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 2 firm ripe plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 crusty French rolls (about 6 inches long)
- 1Set grill to medium heat.
- 2In a blender or food processor blend the olive oil with the next 7 ingredients until emulsified; toss the lettuce leaves with about HALF of the vinaigrette and reserve the remainder to brush on the buns.
- 3Grill tops and bottoms of the buns on a lightly oiled grill rack (about 2 minutes per side; transfer cut-sides up to a platter or plate.
- 4Brush the cut sides of the top halves with remaining vinaigrette.
- 5On the bottom halves divide/mound the coated lettuce leaves.
- 6Cut the kielbasa sausage crosswise into 4 long sections, then half each section lenghwise (you may trim off the outside skin before grilling if desired).
- 7Grill the sausage slices on a lightly oiled grill rack about 3-4 minutes turning over once during cooking.
- 8Arrange 2 pieces of grilled sausage over the lettuce (2 pieces per sandwich) then top with sliced tomatoes (season the tomatoes with salt and pepper).
- 9Cover with top half of the rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Kielbasa Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.9
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 1832.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar