1/4 Photos of Grilled Kielbasa Sandwich
These are one of our favorites. From Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4-1 lb smoked kielbasa or 3/4-1 lb kosher salami
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, bottled, drained
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small boston lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 4 crusty bread rolls, such as Portuguese, halved horizontally
- 1Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderate.
- 2Cut kielbasa crosswise into 4 long sections, then halve each section lengthwise. If using kosher salami, cut lengthwise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices. Trim off skin if desired.
- 3Whisk together oil, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until emulsified. Toss lettuce with half of vinaigrette and reserve remainder.
- 4Grill tops and bottoms of rolls on lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, about 2 minutes total, then transfer, cut sides up, to a platter. Brush cut sides of top halves with remaining vinaigrette and mound salad on bottom halves.
- 5Grill sausage on lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, 3 to 4 minutes total, then arrange on top of lettuce (2 pieces per sandwich) and cover with top halves of rolls. Cut sandwiches in half crosswise.
- 7Sausage and rolls can be grilled in batches in a hot lightly oiled well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Kielbasa Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.4
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 1518.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar