These are one of our favorites. From Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Grilled Kielbasa Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4-1 lb smoked kielbasa or 3⁄4-1 lb kosher salami
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, bottled, drained
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small boston lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 4 crusty bread rolls, such as Portuguese, halved horizontally
- Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderate.
- Cut kielbasa crosswise into 4 long sections, then halve each section lengthwise. If using kosher salami, cut lengthwise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices. Trim off skin if desired.
- Whisk together oil, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until emulsified. Toss lettuce with half of vinaigrette and reserve remainder.
- Grill tops and bottoms of rolls on lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, about 2 minutes total, then transfer, cut sides up, to a platter. Brush cut sides of top halves with remaining vinaigrette and mound salad on bottom halves.
- Grill sausage on lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, 3 to 4 minutes total, then arrange on top of lettuce (2 pieces per sandwich) and cover with top halves of rolls. Cut sandwiches in half crosswise.
- Sausage and rolls can be grilled in batches in a hot lightly oiled well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.