Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
These spicy lamb sausage skewers with a mint and yogurt dressing are a Moroccan specialty. (Related to 'koftas' of India and the Middle East)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean lamb
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 -4 fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 -3 fresh cilantro stems
- 1 -2 mint sprig
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- morroccan bread (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Roughly chop the lamb and place in food processor until smooth. Transfer to plate.
- Add onion, parsley, coriander, and mint spigs to processor and continue until finely chopped. Add lamb together with ground spices and mix well until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Blend the chopped mint and yogurt.
- Form mear into small sausage shapes and put on skewers. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill Keftas for 5-6 minutes turning once. Serve immediately with mint dressing and Moroccan bread (optional).