Prep 20 mins
Cook 32 mins
- 1 -1 1⁄3 lb swordfish steak
- 3 -4 tablespoons bottled jerk marinade (Caribbean-style sauce)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, about
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored,seeded and diced
- 6 whole allspice berries (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Rinse the fish in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush both sides with marinade and lay on a plate (or on a broiler rack or baking sheet if broiling); set aside.
- Preheat a charcoal grill or broiler.
- Add enough chicken broth to the reserved pineapple juice to measure 2 cups.
- Stir the broth mixture, pineapple, rice, bell pepper and allspice together in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the liquid is absorbed, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Take from the heat and let stand until ready to serve; discard the allspice berries.
- When the rice has cooked 12 to 15 minutes, place fish on a lightly oiled grill and cook 3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook until the fish is just barely opaque but still moist in the center, 2 to 3 minutes more for 3/4-inch-thicksteaks (or broil, without turning, for 6 to 8 minutes).
- Fluff the rice with a fork, stir in the green onions and spoon onto individual plates.
- Transfer the swordfish to plates and garnish with lime wedges.
Great recipe! I think just about any firm fish would be wonderful and I just loved the pineapple rice. For some of us who do not have the allspice berries can sub about a 1/4 tsp of ground allspice instead. Delicious!! As for the poster not rating due to only using 1/2 the recipe. If you loved it, THEN RATE IT! Thanks Dancer...
Really nice - the rice was easy and delicious and went really well with the swordfish. I marinated it for about an hour before broiling. Thanks for posting!
We tried just the Caribbean with Pineapple Rice, which is why I am not rating the recipe. We all loved it and will have it again. Great side dish for any meal!