You can really use just about any part of the chicken skin on or off, but I have to say that it is better with the skin left on. Prepare ahead the chicken needs to marinate in the fridge for 3 hours, and if possible use only dark sugar it seems to work better, my family loves this chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 chicken pieces (pat dry very well)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped very small
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use more than 1/4 teaspoon, but no less)
- 1Prepare a glass dish large enough to hold the chicken pieces.
- 2To make the rub, combine all rub ingredients.
- 3Place the washed and dried chicken pieces in the glass dish.
- 4Rub the pieces all over with oil.
- 5Then rub the seasonings all over the chicken pieces to coat well.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours.
- 7Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- 8To make glaze, combine butter, sugar, dark rum and pineapple juice in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 8-10 minutes; remove from heat, and set aside until ready to grill.
- 10After 3 hours, prepare the grill to high heat.
- 11Arrange the chicken pieces on the grill.
- 12Brush with glaze, turning the chicken until brown and cooked.
- 13When serving, drizzle with any remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Jerk Chicken With Pineapple-Rum Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 691.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: