1/1 Photo of Grilled Jerk Chicken Ala Bobby Flay
Sylvie Fortin's Note:
I saw Bobby Flay make this recipe on a Food Network show with the Kitchen Diva, and I was thrilled to find it posted online. I cannot wait to give this one a try! Posting it here for easy reference
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, stem and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 16 chicken pieces
- 1Puree all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a food processor until almost smooth.
- 2Pierce the chicken with a fork to make tiny holes.
- 3Place the chicken in a large shallow baking dish and rub the marinade into the chicken.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours, depending on how intense you want the flavor to be.
- 5Preheat grill.
- 6Grill chicken on each side for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Jerk Chicken Ala Bobby Flay
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 149.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: