Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw Bobby Flay make this recipe on a Food Network show with the Kitchen Diva, and I was thrilled to find it posted online. I cannot wait to give this one a try! Posting it here for easy reference
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, stem and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 16 chicken pieces
- Puree all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a food processor until almost smooth.
- Pierce the chicken with a fork to make tiny holes.
- Place the chicken in a large shallow baking dish and rub the marinade into the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours, depending on how intense you want the flavor to be.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill chicken on each side for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through.
Great marinade for chicken! I used boneless skinless breasts and marinated for 24 hours. The chicken was moist and flavorful and just spicy enough. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for My3Chefs 2013