Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
This can be done under a broiler if a BBQ is not available. Prep time does not include marinate time.
- 4 (8 ounce) swordfish steaks
- 1⁄2 cup tamari or 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Whisk all ingredients together except swordfish.
- Place in a plastic bag, add swordfish and refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Grill on a hot BBQ until just cooked, 5 minutes or less per side.
Thanks Tebo!! This was excellent. I used cooking sherry instead of rice wine because that is what I had on hand. I think next time I will try it with the rice wine just for comparison. Very easy and my family really enjoyed this. The wonderful smell had the neighbors coming over to check it out.
Tebo, this was excellent! I had to leave out the sherry and ginger because I didn't have it on hand, but I cannot imagine this getting any better. We cooked on the grill. Thanks for posting this one!
Tebo ~ this was really great :O) The flavors were excellent ~ that it was going to have t much soy sauce taste but it was nice & mild Didn`t have the sesame oil so I just used the toasted sesame seeds! I saved the marinate sauce for my chicken breast that I will be having in a few days! My BF is the big time swordfish lover & if he could he would give U another 5 stars ! I glad I found you recipe,its a keeper! ~ POKER~