Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can make the butter mixture for the corn up to 2 days before cooking the corn. Great recipe for a cook out!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Stir together the butter and the next 5 ingredients. Blend together well. You can do this up to 2 days before cooking the corn, just allow the butter to soften before serving with the corn.
- Preheat the grill to 350°F to 400°F (medium-high) heat. Coat the corn lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the desired amount of salt and pepper. Grill the corn, covered with the lid grill, 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Remove the corn from the grill, and serve with the butter mixture.
Great corn! I loved the butter on this - will make again. Thanks breezermom for a great side. Made for ZWT8 - Family Picks.
Just loved the bright fresh taste that this butter imparts to corn on the cob. And DH has learned to love the corn grilled, too! I even tried this on a piece of cheddar bacon bread that I'd made. I licked my lips and wished for more! Thanks for sharing, breezermom!
We loved this jalapeno lime butter! In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we not only served it on our corn, but on our grilled ribeye steak as well. The cilantro, lime zest and lime juice really made this buttery spread absolutely delicious!!! Will definitely keep this stuff on hand. Made for the Newest Zaar Tag, June, 2012.