Recipe by Lusil
I found this recipe on another web site and decided to make it for dinner last evening. Everyone loved it. Chicken breasts are wrapped around a cheese stuffed jalapeno, then sealed with bacon and grilled. Yummy!
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I made this for my family for dinner. While it was a little messy to make, it was fairly easy. Next time I will season my chicken a little more before cooking. I let it marinade in zesty Italian dressing over night and my family still felt that the chicken itself didn't have enough flavor. Due to weather I had to bake mine in the oven and it came out nice and juicy.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sealable bag, pour Italian dressing over chicken and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Bring a small saucepan water to a boil and add jalapenos.
- Return to a boil and shut off heat allowing jalapeno to seep for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour off water and drain jalapenos on a paper towel.
- Once cool to handle, stuff each jalapeno with cream cheese.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Roll chicken breast around jalapeno peppers.
- Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of bacon.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Prepare the grill, by lightly oiling the grill grate and heating the grill to medium high heat.
- Arrange wrapped chicken breasts on the prepared grill.
- Grill for 20 minutes turning frequently, or until bacon is browned and the chicken juices run clear.
- UPDATE: I tried baking the chicken at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes and it came out very good as well.