Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Buffalo is a great and healthy alternative to beef.
Make and share this Grilled Jalapeno Buffalo Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground buffalo meat or 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Hot Chile Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 6 -8 dried chilies or 1⁄2 medium ancho chili
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- Mix meat, onion, peppers, and garlic together. Mix well. Shape into preferred sized patties.
- Brush the grill with vegetable oil. Next, place the patties onto the grill. Make sure they are place approximately 4 inches from medium heated coals.
- Turn them only once--about 4 - 6 minutes for a medium doneness. **NOTE: You can also broil these as well.Placing the patties about 3 inches from the heat source. Turning only once.**.
- Serve with the hot chile sauce.
- HOT CHILE SAUCE Boil the water, adding the chilis. Boil for 5 minutes and drain.
- Remove the stems and remove from heat. Cool.
- Add this to a blender and add the following: vinegar, mustard, and garlic. Blend until the chiles are finely chopped. On low speed, gradually add the oil. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Wonderful power packed burger. I am lucky that both Beeffalo & Buffalo are raised in this area and we can buy it fresh in one of our butcher shops. I apologize for taking some liberties with your recipe - I have a favorite Chili sauce that I used instead of making your sauce (sounds great too) and I added onion, mushrooms, cheese, lettuce & tomatoes as condiments. Thanks for a true Saturday Night Live Burger