Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from 100 Best Italian recipes - brand names
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried basil leaves, crushed
- 3 lbs boneless sirloin
- In small bowl, combine all ingedients except steak.
- In plastic bag pour 3/4 cup marinade over steak. Refrigerate remaining marinade. Cover or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally for 3 to 24 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill or broil steak, turning once, and brushing frequently with reserved marinade, until steak is desired doneness.
- Note: Prep and cooking time does not include marinade time.
You couldn't ask for a simpler marinade! I used fresh basil instead of crushed (since I had some). I marinated the steak for over 24 hours, the grilled the steaks. The marinade did impart a nice flavor to the steak. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT7 by a Hot Pink Lady.
This marinade made a flavorful and moist steak. I grilled ours in our gas grill and they were finished in 10 minutes for a nice medium-well finish. The only small disappointment was that the flavor of the Parmesan cheese did not really come through and was instead blocked by the Italian dressing and basil. So next time I'll skip the cheese and maybe sprinkle it on top after they are finished grilling. Made during the ZWT7 Tour of Italy. Thanks for sharing.