Recipe by Johnsonville Sausage
If you think you know sausage and peppers, think again! Take the big flavor of Johnsonville Italian Sausages and add bell peppers, almonds, raisins and onions to take the flavor to the next level. Add polenta and Italian dressing for the best sausage and peppers dish you have ever had!
- 2 (19 ounce) packages Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut in quarters and seeded
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut in quarters and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (18 ounce) package prepared polenta, sliced into 1/2 rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small non-stick skillet, toast almonds over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins; remove from heat. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Return to medium-low heat, cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-low.
- If charcoal, allow it to burn until white ash has formed on coals.
- In a bowl, combine peppers and onion wedges.
- Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- Place sausages and vegetables on grill, and use tongs to turn often.
- Grill covered for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and browned and vegetables are tender.
- While sausages and vegetables are grilling, brush polenta slices with Italian dressing.
- Carefully place on grill, grill for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
- Remove vegetables from grill.
- Place in a large bowl, add prepared almond mixture; toss gently.
- On a large platter, arrange grilled sausages, vegetables and polenta.