Recipe by PaulaG
This makes a fantastic summer meal with minimal clean-up. With the abundance of fresh vegetables, this is a meal itself served with garlic bread. The okra pods and mushrooms are both listed as optional. You may add one or both or leave them out.
Top Review by Michelle S.
Fabulous no fuss, no muss meal!! I did a few things differently, I forgot fresh garlic at the store so I had to use garlic powder. I also decided to cut each sausage link into 3 sections and add it into the packet uncook, that way I cut back on the olive oil and the juices from the sausage permeated everything. I also played with the veggies. I cut the squashes into strips, added some raw potato strips (to make it stodgier for the husband), chunked a red pepper, and added halved baby carrots. I double wrapped them in foil and cooked over medium coals for 30 minutes, turning three times. It was amazing!!! the onions and potatoes carmelized a bit and the juices from the sausages along with the spices was perfect!! I will be making this little gem often, I promise you.
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 6 -10 okra pods, steam cut off, cut into 1 inch lengths (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, quartered (optional)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sausages in a small amount of water and bring to a boil; boil for 3 to 4 minutes or until they are no longer pink; remove from water and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix together the vegetables, oil and seasonings.
- Tear 2 sheets of foil (10x10inch), divide the prepared vegetables among the foil sheets, slice the sausages into 1 inch lengths and place on top.
- Season each packet with salt and pepper to taste, bring foil up to center and fold over several times, sealing well; fold in ends and seal.
- Preheat grill, place packets on grill and cook 10 minutes, turn over and cook an additional 10 minutes.