Inject some spice into your next barbecue with quick and easy Italian sausage burgers, fresh off the grill. The slices of mozzarella and sun-dried tomato mayo make simple, savory finishing touches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Mix beef, sausage and bread crumbs in large bowl. Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 1/2 inch thick and 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 2Cover and grill patties 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F Top patties with cheese. Cover and grill about 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. add bread slices to side of grill for at least 2 to 3 minutes of grilling, turning once, until lightly toasted.
- 3Spread toasted bread with mayonnaise; top 6 bread slices with lettuce, tomato and patties. Top with remaining bread slices.
- 4SUBSTITUTION: If you can't find sun-dried tomato mayonnaise, mix up your own by combining 1/3 cup mayonnaise with about 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Regular mayonnaise works just fine as well.
- 5SUCCESS: To keep food safe while grilling, always separate uncooked foods from cooked foods, and each other, too.
- 6SERVE WITH: Pair these hearty sandwiches with an Italian-style pasta salad, homemade or from the deli, or maybe a bagged Caesar salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Italian Sausage Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.7
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 948.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 27.4 g