Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Wonderful grilled on the BBQ pork chops served with a tomato basil garlic mixture topping.
- 3⁄4 lb plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- Combine everything but the pork chops in a bowl.
- Let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes to mix the flavors.
- Drain the liquid from the mixture and pour over pork chops.
- Let them sit in liquid for about 15 minutes.
- Place chops on preheated grill and cook for about 6 minutes per side or until done.
- Place pork chops on plates and spoon tomato mixture over top.
We really liked this pork chop recipe...it was light and had a wonderful flavor...the only thing I changed was I did add a touch of balsamic vinegar and I do think that really helped the recipe...
Ezcellent flavorful, moist chops. I used boneless small chops that were only 1/2" thick so I watched them so I did not over cook. I wasn't sure if the intention was to spoon the tomatoe mixture over the chops cold or warm. When the chops were cooked I spooned the mixture over them in the pan and brought it to just warm Mmmm is all I can say
This recipe is fantastic!! I tried the recipe in its original form and it turned out great. The second time I made this I doubled all ingredients and let the porkchops sit in marinade for 2 hours, wow the flavor was outstanding=)