Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An Italian twist on the American Hamburger
Make and share this Grilled Italian Pork Burger recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g ground lean pork
- 29.58 ml red wine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 7.39 ml crushed fennel seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 4 hard rolls, split
- tomatoes, slices (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- onion, sliced (optional)
- cheese, sliced (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pork, red wine, garlic, fennel seed, salt and pepper.
- Pat gently into 4 patties.
- Brush each patty lightly with olive oil. Place directly over hot coals on grill. Close grill hood and grill for 5 minutes, turn and cook on second side for 4 minutes or no longer pink.
- Serve on hard rolls with cheese,lettuce, tomato, and onion garnish, if desired.
This was really good and flavorful! I always thought pork burger were blah and dry. This one definitely is not! I already had some fennel seed that I had ground up, so I thought, why not? Very good recipe. I will be making this again since I always find ground pork on sale. Much healthier than hamburger, but just as satisfying.
I was really skeptical about trying this recipe because I'm not a big "burger" fan anyway, but I had some ground pork leftover from trying another recipe. I made it exactly as recipe stated, except that I sauteed some onions before adding them to the pork mixture. I was really surprised at how good these turned out with so few ingredients. I'll definitely use this recipe again.
We enjoyed these for sandwich night. I followed the directions except opting for pan grilling. The patties were flavorul & juicy. I topped with sliced mozzeralla and served on italian rolls. Made in honor of Janice.