1/4 Photos of Grilled Italian Pesto Panini
Belinda in Austin, TX's Note:
I took Pesto Focaccia Sandwich for Six (which I LOVE!) and adapted it for one, using a George Foreman grill. Since I was heating the grill anyway, I decided to grill sliced onions and red peppers, to add to the sandwich. It turned out great, and I think it'll travel well, as I needed a sack lunch, for a field trip, tomorrow! I took a bite, and it tasted delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your George Foreman grill, or panini maker.
- 2Slice the roll horizontally; spread with pesto.
- 3When the grill is ready, add the onion and red pepper slices (I didn't think they needed any seasoning, but you could add Italian dressing, or other seasoning to them, before grilling, if desired); grill until tender.
- 4Layer the grilled veggies, cheese, and lunchmeat.
- 5Grill until the cheese melts (you'll have to apply some pressure to the top of the grill when you first insert the sandwich, since the sandwich is pretty thick).
- 6Slice on the diagonal, and enjoy, now or later!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Italian Pesto Panini
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.7
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 164.8 mg
- Sodium 3312.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 48.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: