Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is an excellent way to prepare swordfish. The fish turns out flavorful and moist. I made this dish one night paired with my Skillet Italian Herbed Country Potatoes and fresh corn on the cob. A delicious summertime meal! Please note preparation time does not include time required to marinate.
- 2 swordfish steaks (sliced no more than 1-inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (reserve 1 tbs. for brushing grill rack)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place swordfish steaks in a zip-lock bag, leaving the bag unsealed.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tbs. olive oil and remaining ingredients to make marinade mixture.
- Pour marinade into bag with fish, tossing fish with fingers until fully coated.
- Seal bag, releasing as much air as possible.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Once grill is searing hot, brush grill rack with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Grill fish for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until center of steaks are cooked through, and fish flakes easily when forked.