Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
You will need a vegetable grill rack for this recipe if you plan on grilling the veggies (you could do them on the stove if you'd like). Very simple recipe. Allow 1 hour time to marinate chicken. Served over linguini and topped with parmesan cheese. We love this dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, quartered
- 314.66 ml low-fat Italian salad dressing (8 oz)
- 170.09 g uncooked linguine
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- Place chicken, zucchini and red pepper in a 2 quart baking dish (or resealable plastic bag) and then add 1/2 cup of the salad dressing, turning to coat. Cover dish (or seal bag) and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning once during refrigeration.
- Spray grill racks with non-stick spray and preheat grill to medium heat.
- Drain chicken and vegetables (do not reserve marinade); and place chicken on one side of the grill.
- Place vegetables on vegetable grill tray/rack which has been pretreated with non-stick spray on the other side of grill.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the remaining dressing in a small bowl to use for basting during the grilling.
- Grill vegetables for 14-18 minutes or until crisp tender - turning once and brushing frequently.
- Grill chicken 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through to 180F - turning once and basting frequently.
- Meanwhile while chicken and veggies are cooking, cook linguini to desired doneness (as directed on the package), drain and toss with remaining 1/2 cup salad dressing (not marinade or basting remainders - new dressing).
- Remove chicken and veggies from grill and slice chicken into crosswise slices and slice veggies into good sized chunks.
- Arrange chicken and veggies over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese then serve immediately.
Yummy! This was delicious. We really enjoyed the mix of flavors here. Thanks, HokiesLady! Made for 123 tag
This was a big hit with the family and was so simple to make - and I didn't have to heat up the house! I threw in a few shrimp and also added some onions to the skewers. Thanks for posting this great combination!