1/2 Photos of Grilled Island Drunken Chicken Bowls
24 hrs 16 mins
Dinner in a bowl—what could be easier? Throw the chicken on the grill and no clean up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, filets
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup canned peaches, with juice
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 1 cup carrot, matchsticks
- 1/2 cup cucumber, matchsticks
- 1/2 cup asparagus tips, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1In blender, pulse peaches and juice until liquid. Add honey, rum, olive oil, white wine vinegar, sweet Thai chili sauce, lime zest and juice, salt, pepper and scallions. Blend.
- 2Place chicken breasts in a large re-sealable Ziploc bag. Pour dressing mixture over chicken. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- 3Heat a grill to medium high heat.
- 4Reserve marinade. Grill chicken 7-8 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160°F Be sure and insert thermometer in side of chicken breast to the middle to get correct temperature.
- 5Remove from grill. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice chicken on the bias in thin strips.
- 6Meanwhile add cooked rice to 4 bowls. Add matchstick carrrots, cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, and asparagus. Add sliced chicken. Drizzle marinade over each bowl. Serve with lime slices.
- 7You can also substitute angel hair pasta or cooked ramen noodles (without the seasoning) for rice if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Island Drunken Chicken Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 982.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of
white wine vinegar