Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the 2008 Betty Crocker Calendar. * Make the burgers a few hours ahead and store in the fridge till you're ready to grill.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons drained chopped green chilies (from 4.5 oz. can)
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese, 2x1x1/4-inch (about 4 oz.)
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce or 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, mix beef, onion, and chiles. Shape mixture into 8 thin patties. Top each of 4 patties with 2 slices cheese. Place remaining beef patties on top; pinch edges to seal securely.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 14 to 16 minutes, turning once, until burgers are slightly firm when pressed in center. Add rolls, cut sides down, for last 4 minutes of grilling or until toasted. Serve patties on rolls with taco sauce or salsa.