Recipe by Cilantro in Canada
This recipe was given to me by my neighbour who is one of the nicest people I know. She is originally from Indonesia and moved to Canada a few years ago. I am guessing at serving sizes, and cooking times so please adjust amounts to what you think you need. I am also guessing at the amount of oil added to the basting sauce as I was told just to add a little oil to make it easier to baste with. You may need more basting sauce depending on how much you put on while cooking and I would double or triple the sauce if you have more than a pound of meat.
Top Review by I'mPat
I used chicken and pork (on separate skewers) about 750 grams total (which fed 4 of us with fried rice) and served with Tisme's recipe #297183 (Simple Satay Sauce) and made for an enjoyable meal. The DH cooked on the flat plate of an indoor electric grill and was very much enjoyed with the DH commenting definately better than some others. Thank you Cilantro in Canada, made for Invitation to Indonesia Tag Game.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed (or I use pork sometimes)
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (I use kikkoman baste and glaze teriyaki sauce)
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oil (use just enough to make it easy to baste with)
- wooden skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread chicken or pork onto skewers.
- Season both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix sweet soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, oyster sauce oil together and set aside.
- Grill chicken or pork on the BBQ, basting with the sauce as you cook the meat.