1/4 Photos of Grilled Indonesian Chicken Satay
Cilantro in Canada's Note:
This recipe was given to me by my neighbour who is one of the nicest people I know. She is originally from Indonesia and moved to Canada a few years ago. I am guessing at serving sizes, and cooking times so please adjust amounts to what you think you need. I am also guessing at the amount of oil added to the basting sauce as I was told just to add a little oil to make it easier to baste with. You may need more basting sauce depending on how much you put on while cooking and I would double or triple the sauce if you have more than a pound of meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed (or I use pork sometimes)
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (I use kikkoman baste and glaze teriyaki sauce)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon oil (use just enough to make it easy to baste with)
- wooden skewer
- 1Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Thread chicken or pork onto skewers.
- 3Season both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 4Mix sweet soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, oyster sauce oil together and set aside.
- 5Grill chicken or pork on the BBQ, basting with the sauce as you cook the meat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Indonesian Chicken Satay
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 188.8 mg
- Sodium 848.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet soy sauce