This recipe was given to me by my neighbour who is one of the nicest people I know. She is originally from Indonesia and moved to Canada a few years ago. I am guessing at serving sizes, and cooking times so please adjust amounts to what you think you need. I am also guessing at the amount of oil added to the basting sauce as I was told just to add a little oil to make it easier to baste with. You may need more basting sauce depending on how much you put on while cooking and I would double or triple the sauce if you have more than a pound of meat.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed (or I use pork sometimes)
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (I use kikkoman baste and glaze teriyaki sauce)
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oil (use just enough to make it easy to baste with)
- wooden skewer
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread chicken or pork onto skewers.
- Season both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix sweet soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, oyster sauce oil together and set aside.
- Grill chicken or pork on the BBQ, basting with the sauce as you cook the meat.